I bought condoms for the first time the other day. I was with my friend, and I had this awkward realization that I was having her help me pick out something that would soon be inside me. Which is a great bonding opportunity.
And so I found the aisle with the condoms . To the left of the condoms were catheters, adult diapers, the to right was pregnancy tests. All I needed was some Miley Cyrus CDs and cookies and I'd have an extravagant aisle of shame.
Then every time a child would walk by I would quickly move to place myself in front of the pregnancy tests. As if maybe being pregnant was less embarrassing then practicing safe sex.
**Ahh I need an ending. Should I do the other aisles we talked about in class??
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the punch will get a laugh. But I also think you could push it further and get a bigger laugh. I guess it is both funny, but I also feel like I've heard it before, so it seems predictable. So maybe go another direction... like being incontinent is better than safe sex OR something like... I had to explain to each of the kids going by that these weren't for me, they were for my brother the 1 fingered chef...
ReplyDelete" As if maybe being pregnant was less embarrassing then practicing safe sex."
ReplyDelete- As if being promiscuous was less embarrassing than practicing safe sex...
I like the idea of making the "isle of shame" being filled with more absurd items. Go crazy with the absurdity. Use actual items for your first few examples and then go into ideals.... like, "Miley Cyrus CDs and cookies...and a love of Twilight and guys with violent tendencies... or whatever..