I feel like my Facebook ads are becoming too personal. When I was single, daily I would get ads for Yaz birth control and rehab. It's as if FB thinks that not only do I have an addiction problem but I'm also so slutty that I should even risk taking a birth control that has potential life-threatening side effects. And now that I am in a relationship, FB somehow knows what my boyfriend would like. I recently got an ad for Jones Soda's special edition D & D bottles. And I bought it! Mostly now I'm just concerned the ads will start telling me the benefits of swallowing and how horrible having children is.
**Last sentence-does it add anything? Does this need more??
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you're heading the right direction, push it to the extreme. I like where it is going.
ReplyDeleteProbably refine/clarify the wording about how "horrible children" are... what is the message you really want to share?
for example. Are they expensive? Are they time consuming? Are they smelly??
or go the other direction, from the point of view (POV) of the advertiser, Are children burdening to the school systems? Cause too much theft? Play crappie music?
I think when you pull out the detail of what is horrible about children – you’ll hit a bigger punch-line.
Great job!
I'm more leaning towards FB now telling me what my boyfriend wants. how he wants the soda, how he wants me to swallow, how he doesn't want kids, etc. so just clarify or maybe be more extreme with that?
ReplyDeleteOh, I didn't realize that you were talking about your BF suggestions... I thought those were still FB suggestions... so clarify and extreme! You go girl
ReplyDeleteWell it's like FB is now channelling what my bf wants. like before FB was this concerned parent and worrying about my addictions and sexual habits, and now its my bf, telling me what to buy him and how to behave. does that make sense??
ReplyDeleteit does now, maybe include the channeling...
ReplyDelete"It's like FB is channeling my mom..."
Hey lady,
ReplyDeleteI like the direction of this joke also.
I think the boyfriend angle is funny, but I think the fact that Facebook is assuming things about you is way funnier. The BF angle, I think, is better as a tag to the joke rather than the main substance of it.
Also, the Facebook angle is great too, because it will allow you to be more self-deprecating...
I love this bit...I wish I would have written it...